Tuesday, July 5, 2016

"Create 2.1.1 – Web Tools" Quest

"Create 2.1.1 – Web Tools" Quest


Organize
Google Drive
LiveBinders
Symbaloo

I use the above Web Tools in an effort to keep feedback and resources organized. I like to keep an organized list of websites to offer to students when they need help. I've created a list of links organized by grammar capsules on Googe Drive. On LiveBinders, I've created a Shelf with very detailed binders for the AP French students which provides what they need to be successful on the AP exam. Using Symbaloo, I have started pages for specific skills, such as listening and reading, for students to use and to which they can add their own resources. These tools are essential in organizing myself as well as my students. Providing links to these tools for my students also helps them learn how to organize their digital lives.
Click here to see one of my LiveBinders for AP French


Communicate
Smore
Flipsnack
Prezi

The tools that I use for communicating with students vary in the ways I use them. I use Smore as a newsletter but I have also used it to teach content. I treat it like a "live note page" by inserting images, photos, and links in addition to the text that I write. I use Flipsnack to instruct students about projects or in depth assignments. I have also used it as a means to provide notes. Prezi is handy in presenting most anything! I typically use it in the place of power point because its movement makes it a bit more interesting- especially when the students are required to navigate it on their own.
Click here to see one of my Smore newsletters

Evaluate
Learnerator (now called Albert)
Shmoop
Quia

In recent semesters, I have used Learnerator and Shmoop to predict how well my students are preparing for the AP exam. The students complete the work on the website and then send me information This enables me to focus instruction on student weaknesses. In the past I have relied on Quia to provide self-assessment for the students and have required participation on the site as homework to reinforce what is being practiced in class.
Click here to see one of my Quia pages

All of the tools above, plus multitudes more, are part of my personal toolbox and they all help me maintain order in planning, teaching and evaluating. I remember a time without these tools and without the use of the internet in education. Those times were not nearly as exciting as today!

No comments:

Post a Comment