Tuesday, July 19, 2016

"Evaluate 1.1.1 Formative Assessment" Quest

"Evaluate 1.1.1 Formative Assessment" Quest

Formative Assessment is on-going in the virtual classroom, just as it is in the face to face classroom. The students in the newly revised AP French course at GAVS are provided with in-line learning objects, such as matching games and categorizing activities, that actually encourage them to assess their own learning status. In addition, self-assessments, which are basically ungraded quizzes, are integrated throughout, based on comprehension of reading and listening items.

In my live synchronous sessions, I like to use Quia activities as formative assessments. Here is a screenshot of a Quia activtiy that I use to determine their readiness for the vocabulary section of the final exam:

This is a game that students can play on their own once provided with the link but during the live session, I share my screen and students answer in the chat box. The first student to answer correctly wins a point. I also take note of which students are not answering. This indicates to me who needs extra support and I follow up with individual emails with helpful tips and links to encourage them to study more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment