Tuesday, July 5, 2016

"Create 2.1.3 – Using Web 2.0 Tools to Differentiate Student Assessment" Quest

 "Create 2.1.3 – Using Web 2.0 Tools to Differentiate Student Assessment" Quest




I think that my favorite Web 2.0 Tool for differentiation for students which can also be used for assessment purposes is Prezi. It is not so cutting edge these days, as I've been using it now for a few years but it is reliable and it is a great "gateway" cloud product for students to use for these purposes because of its somewhat familiar format. I love that students can upload their own narratives as well as video and audio clips, images, and text from sources on the internet or they can create their own. In my AP French course, I prefer to use this as a means for students to show their research and preparation for the persuasive essay, where students must gather an audio/video file, a graph, and an article to study, then write a 5 paragraph persuasive essay. In the Prezi, they are required to provide all of these sources plus a narrative overview of their process and essay as well as a graphic organizer of the essay itself. The above Prezi is a publicly shared submission from one of my AP French students. 

No comments:

Post a Comment