Thursday, July 7, 2016

"Create 4.1.2 Principles of Building Portable Learning Objects" Quest

"Create 4.1.2 Principles of Building Portable Learning Objects" Quest

My Learning Objects

I used Quia to make the games below.

French II: Works of Art
I created games to help students learn various important works of art found in museums in France that we typically study. I focused student study on identifying the works with their titles using images of the artwork and the titles of the pieces. The first image below shows the choice of games students can play upon arriving at the page. I encourage them to start with flashcards to give them a foundation of knowledge, then to move to matching (which is the second image below) where they can see both the image and the title, then to finish with concentration. This activity boosts student learning because it is interactive and slightly challenging.





































AP French A: Exam Review
I created "Who wants to be a millionaire?" style game for students to review for the final exam. I actually used this for my online class during a live synchronous session. Students had to type in their answers to the chat box as each question was presented. The student to first type in the answer received points on our scoreboard pod while I clicked through the questions. I give them the link so that they can go back to the activity later for more review. The questions are based on the assessment items most missed by students throughout the course of the semester.


No comments:

Post a Comment