Tuesday, July 19, 2016

"Evaluate 1.1.2 Quality Feedback" Quest

"Evaluate 1.1.2 Quality Feedback" Quest

Best practices for providing quality feedback should focus on using personalized comments that pinpoint where the student is succeeding as well as where there is room for growth. I generally color code my comments in green to indicate something well done, while items that need attention remain in black and are accompanied by links to video or written explanation or practice exercises relating to the weakness. I keep account of common errors and make an effort to comment when those errors are continuously repeated. Sometimes it can feel like you spend so much time giving pithy feedback and wonder whether it is being used can be disheartening. Most of my students tell me at the end of the semester that they have never received such thorough feedback and that they learn so much from my comments. I am glad to know when they read the comments and visit the links for help. It is often apparent in the subsequent submissions.  


No comments:

Post a Comment